Check out some of these interesting and far-out facts about dogs and cats.
- Is it a duck…or a dog? The Newfoundland breed has a water-resistant coat and webbed feet. This dog was originally bred to help haul nets for fishermen and rescuing people at risk of drowning.
- It pays to be a lap dog. Three dogs (from First Class cabins!) survived the sinking of the Titanic – two Pomeranians and one Pekingese.
- A Beatles hit. It’s rumored that, at the end of the Beatles song, “A Day in the Life,” Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle, audible only to dogs, just for his Shetland sheepdog.
- Cats repertoire. Cats have over 100 sounds in their vocal repertoire, while dogs only have 10.
- A human brain? Genetically, cats’ brains are more similar to that of a human than a dog’s brain.
- Cat naps. Cats sleep 16 hours of any given day.